top of page


Q. How do I qualify to receive food? (Additional details here.
A. The Grimes Storehouse serves residents of Grimes or those with a Grimes address. Clients need to bring a photo ID and a copy of a current rent or utility bill for proof of residence. Clients are required to complete “The Emergency Food Assistance Program”(TEFAP) form. No appointment is necessary.

Q. What types of food are included in the grocery bags at the Grimes Storehouse?
A: Depending on donations the food selection may change. The groceries are divided into categories such as cereal, canned vegetables, canned fruit, boxed meals, canned meats, boxed potato and rice, pasta and pasta sauce, drinks, snack, soups, and baking items. The pantry also includes a limited selection of non-food items including household items, personal hygiene and baby care items. When available,  refrigerator and freezer items are also provided. We also give a Fareway food voucher for perishable items.


Q. If someone qualifies for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly the Food Stamp Program), can they still use the The Grimes Storehouse?
A. Yes.


Q. How often can I use the Grimes Storehouse?

A. Clients may visit the Grimes Storehouse once per calendar month.


Q. Does the Grimes Storehouse share clients’ information with anyone else?
A. Personal Client Information is subject to strict confidentiality guidelines and all DMARC/NIFCAP certified individuals have agreed to these confidentiality standards. A copy of our Privacy Policy is available at our pantry location.


Q. Do I have to live in Grimes to get food and personal care items from the Grimes Storehouse?
A: Yes. We serve residents of Grimes or those with a Grimes address.


Q. When can I go to the Grimes Storehouse?
A: We are open Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:30am - 11:30am; 1st & 2nd Tuesdays 5:30pm - 7:00pmpm

Q. What is your weather cancellation policy?

A. When the DC-G schools cancel due to the weather the Grimes Storehouse will be closed also.

bottom of page